Just a check in

Rayspumpkin

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I think of you all often...hope everyone is doing well.

I've spent the last 30 days trying to learn self-love...it hasn't been easy. I joined a few widow groups on facebook...had to leave one today because the judgey mcjudgersons and heat was just too much. Makes me thankful for this place. Where even when we would never do what someone else is doing, we support them. Best thing I learned from my adventures elsewhere...if someone was a jerk before widowhood, they're a bigger jerk now.

Love you all.

I haven't joined any Facebook widow groups because when I found this place, I felt comfortable here and did not feel a need to find other outlets. Sucks to find non-supportive people in a support group!

Hugs to you and thanks for the check in! I'm doing okay and I have good and bad days, more good than bad. Acceptance played a huge part in my ability to function, reasoning with myself to be logical has helped, and being true to myself has solidified my confidence. The girls and I are going towards to being good and that's definitely a good thing.

That's wonderful! I'm so glad to hear it!

I agree, I found everything I ever hoped for here! It was a spur of the moment decision...focused more on dating...blech.

Won't make that mistake again. Sticking with my peeps...although most of the ones that I knew well...are like me and have not been as active on the board...moving forward and all that.