19 years

missingmike

It's been a long time since I've been here and YWBB.  What brings me here today is that it was 19 years ago that my DH was diagnosed with cancer at the end of May and he died in early July.  Every year at this time I relive those six weeks.  This year I felt the need to connect with YWBB as I appreciated how helpful it was. Those nights I couldn't sleep, I'd log into YWBB which gave me comfort.  I recall a few things I was struggling with that others were able to respond to which gave me peace.  And of course going to Bagos and being with others in the same boat.  This really is a wonderful place and I am forever grateful.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It has been 13 years for me. YWBB was a life saver at times for me which is why I keep Widda.org alive. Be sure to check out the old YWBB posts in the Clubs Directory. I hope things go well for you as you remember those rough days years ago. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's almost 10 years for me, and I'm forever grateful for YWBB, especially in those early darkest days.   I was the youngest in my local grief group and although it was helpful I didn't find a lot of connection there.    YWBB gave comfort and an understanding that I found nowhere else.   

Thank you Lewis for keeping Widda alive, and I do go back and look at the old posts sometimes too.  

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

This is the time of year when I suffer depression and anxiety the most. My husband died in March 2005. Every year since my family notices a negative change in me...where i am more melancholy, my anxiety peaks, I worry about everything even more than usual which is still a lot. The period of January to April are the hardest months for me to get through and then things get easier as the sunshine helps to warm my thoughts again. January is my birthday. February is his birthday, March is when he passed. April is our wedding anniversary. So it's one thing after another that seems to affect my state of mind.  Once my wedding anniversary passes in April - within a few weeks my family notices I become more my normal self again. Winter is already a very depressing time...I just have to deal with all these special dates as well.