Eight months and the coroners report

Finally received the coroners report, toxicology and autopsy from my dh accident. Feeling so many different emotions right now..

Relief that it sounds like it was instant.

Sad because it is so detailed, and devastating to read.

It feels so final now. I've been waiting for eight months on these papers to finalize some of the estate, you would think I would be feeling relief to have that part over, but I don't. I don't even know how I feel. For awhile I was feeling a little bit better, but now it's like I'm back to that place I was at months ago, the despair and sadness consuming me.

Since reading the description of what they believed happened regarding his accident, I just keep picturing it in my mind and it's heartbreaking.

To top this off, tomorrow will be eight months. I'm amazed that it's been that long, and also amazed that it hasn't been longer...

I am so sorry that having the autopsy report hasn't given you the relief that you had hoped it would.  I wish I had better words than that, however, I just have no words that seem adequate.  I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through, right now, but I will be thinking of you and sending warm thoughts your way.

Guest marian1953

I am so sorry. My coroner's report didn't really answer questions at all, either. Tight hugs to you. I got mine after about 6 months.

Marian

Thanks ladies. Just been a tough couple of days, then I come home to the reports...feeling a little down, but I know it will get better!

Just a little setback, one of many so far and I'm sure it won't be the last one!

Thanks for the hugs and sending hugs back

Guest marian1953

yes, that opening my mailbox and seeing the return address after work.  Ugh. I am hoping you have a better week ahead. It will be better because now you have read them- hoping that makes sense. Hugs back!

Marian

Yep, I knew right away..

It does make sense, there were some things that were unclear, now they are clearer, most of my questions have been answered. It was the dread of what they might say that scared me before I got them, I was on edge the last eight months not knowing what I needed to know. I think just the fact that they are so descriptive and clinical and in my heart I'm screaming out that's the love of my life that they are writing about... But I'm sure you get it too, there's relief but sadness at the finality of it all.