He deleted his profile

Needytoo

I remember a year ago I thought I was ready to date, I find that so funny because I wasn?t even close to being ready.  Now a year later I can say I am ready.  Sure isn?t like when you were young and could head off to a bar with your pack of girlfriends.  I only know of two ladies who are my age and are single.  One who is also a widow who isn?t ready to date and another who is but likes the one stand night thing.  I have tried the dating sites and I am not a fan at all.  The last three guys I met in person a week or so after chatting and they just talked and talked about selves I think I said hello and nice meeting you that was it.  I know two other ladies who met their first husbands online and both of them said they chatted for months before meeting.  So I thought I would be a little more patient even though I have read so much advice from members this is not the way to go.  For a month or so I have been chatting with this guy.  No real big red flags except for that he never asked my name.  Today he sends me a message saying that I am the only real person he has chatted with but because of all the other weirdos he is deleted his profile.  One last note I went to see a physic a month ago she said watch out for a Paul, this guy?s name was Paul.  Proof again for me that online dating sucks. 

Guest nonesuch

When they say I deleted my profile because...

It's almost assuredly because he's married, a player, a scammer or just testing the waters.

The people who don't give names, or details of their situations,

are eventual time wasters. From the times I was on a dating site, if there are breaks between communications,

or if after 3 or 4 messages, someone hasn't asked to either talk to you or meet, as what was just written.

It's a scam.

I actually believe the stat tossed about that one third of the people on dating sites are married / in a relationship.  I emailed a few who disappeared suddenly - I got emails from some who seemed they'd be content to email forever. Yoooo-hoooo, it's a dating site, I'm on here to get dates.

I found Current Beau on Craig's List.  He regularly emails a woman from another country he contacted first through Adult Friend Finder. The two of us do have a broader sense of humor than average citizens, though.

BTW, you don't know his name is Paul.  one fellow i had a meet and greet with used a fake name until we actually met. He wanted to limit how much a kook could find out about him.  One man I went out with sent me his Linkedin profile, and asked for mine, before we met.

One fellow started up an instant message saying he'd travel anywhere for love.  Too bad he didn't check a map.  The town he said he was living in was only 25 miles away.  I reported his profile to the dating site and he was gone, quickly.

I would think, if after a week or so you wanted to meet, knowing a real name would be useful, so you can google it for arrests and such.

So much of it is phoney. But I only lasted 3 weeks.

Funny thing....when I was on there...this cute guy kept messaging me...saying he traveled all over Ohio...He owned multiple businesses...was a millionaire blah blah blah. He kept wanting to meet in my town when he was working down here on some deals. Also that he was 6'3, etc.

Today I am in walmart with my kids....this annoying traveling photo sales person starts trying to get my sons attention then follows us till I turn around. I made eye contact and recognized him. He wanted my name, phone, email to get in the sweep stakes drawing. I said " Not interested period"

When we left we went out the opposite door to avoid him. He was also the height of my 10 yr old...about 5'5.

Blah!

I suspected right from the beginning there was something off with this guy and he did let it slip the word "we" a few times. I really don't understand why people have to be like this? 

Thanks everyone for your advice.