Duh!!!

Guest Mel4072

Guest Mel4072

I'm raising my teen daughter alone. (I know you already feel sorry for me.) teens are tough and I have found myself very frustrated. Ssooooo...... I went to a counselor. Bingo! It's helped tremendously! I don't feel like I am doing it alone now. I can share my heart with him. I vent. I work through problems and I don't feel so alone.

He's given me some advice but more than anything just an ear. She has some serious issues in the wake of Dads death. I now have peace and patience with it. I can handle it now. Better anyway. I talk with my fianc? but I wanted an objective point of view. He would be on my side. I wanted somebody in the outskirts who could listen and remove emotion and help me become stronger as a parent. More change is headed our way with me remarrying and change is tough for my child. She is extremely anxious and hangs on to her issues for dear life. She thinks they protect her.

I just thought I would share. I have seen counsellors for grief and taken my daughter for grief counseling. That lonely parent factor remained and played on me anyway. I wish I would've thought of it sooner. I'm a happier parent now and not as worried about messing up or saying the wrong thing with her. Just the ability to put it out there and have an open ear once a week is enough.