Son is off to junior high

rooshy

Today I was looking at the supply list for my son as goes to middle school for 7th grade.  I also emailed the school's guidance counselor to find out any information  about grief groups and that's when the grief monster slapped me upside the head.  DH isn't here to see DS go to junior high, DH won't be around to see DS trying out for cross country at the end of this month. And he won't be here for school dances, high school in two years, etc.  :-[.  The only silver lining right now is that he'll be attending the same junior high and high school that I did.

I just hate having to do these milestones alone.

I know...the milestones are hard to swallow alone sometimes. I did the kindergarten starting school with all 3 solo...and my oldest is starting at our high school (he's going into 7th too...but our high school is tiny 7-12)

I always find myself wondering if he can see this stuff....and I always wonder how the kids feel that he's not there. It doesn't seem to...I think they really (even oldest) don't remember anything any different.

But I do. ((((hugs)))

Milestones are bittersweet. ((hugs))

I watched a friend's son graduate high school last year and bawled. I couldn't stop thinking about watching my daughters graduate without their dad by my side. My oldest is going to be a junior. She recently got her driver's permit. It's bittersweet taking her out driving because it's something she always talked about with her dad. He was looking forward to teaching her his EVOC skills.