Coming up on 7 years.

It is that time of year for me, when I face the anniversary of my fathers death long ago and the anniversary of DH's death now at the 7 year mark.  Not the same day but the same month.  I spent the sadiversary of Dad's death going to cemetery and then to my brother's house where we just hung out together sometimes talking deeply, sometimes laughing. I miss all that I missed with my father over all the years but I am grateful he has not had to bear witness to my incredible pain of the loss of my husband.  How unbearable that would have been for him to see his baby suffering in the depths of despair and be completely unable to do anything about it.  I cannot believe it will be 7 years since my life as I knew it came to an end and left me struggling and searching to find and make my way along a new path.  If I reach inside I realize in many ways I am still just going  through the motions in this new life, still not fully connecting to the new reality.  Don't get me wrong, there are times when I feel ok, grateful, at peace....but I think for me there will always be a feeling of unfinished business in my life that forms a feeling of disconnect.  Seven years.

Guest Lost35

Your words could be mine.  We are on a similar timeline...it will be seven years for me in November and I'm feeling very much the same as you.  Feels like a time-warp.  Wishing you new footing and deeper connections made in the coming years.

Take care.

-L.