Very weird thing I just realized

MissingSquish

I was laying in bed last night when I realized something very bizarre. I knew Squish for 3 years, 3 months.  I met him February 18, 2009 and he died May 20, 2012.

Pru died August 18, 2015, making her death approximately the point at which I will have been widowed for as long as I've known Squish.

I met her on Squish and I's first date, so I knew her for a total of 6 years 6 months.

Funny how math and timing works out like that. I don't believe in coincidences, but have no clue what this means.

Numbers are odd that way. I can't decide these days if it's communication from beyond or pure happenstance.  My wife died 1/13/13. 13 shows up all over for us. Twice it was the number of my son's participation order in a school function.  On one mothers day my oldest ordered a sandwich at Dunkin, which he never does, my daughter noticed it was a #13, then our bill that morning was $13.13.  Our big European trip last year had 13 family members attending.  Most recently I dropped my son off at college.  I took some photos to send to the family and when I had some time I sent out the mass email.  20 minutes later my SIL texts me asking if I intentionally sent the email at 1:13pm or 13:13 hours military time.  Um no I did not...

I think about connections, too, whether the connection is through numbers or some other connection. Kenneth and I had a connection with the number 13, as well. On March 10th, 2001, I said goodbye for the very first time, when I flew out to visit him and then flew back to NC (in order to pack my things and move to CA to be with him). On March 10th, 2014, exactly 13 years later, I said goodbye for the final time, when he died. I sure miss that man.