Mindfulness

Trying

As part of this course I am taking in integrative medicine we are learning about mindfulness and meditation. So much of it I'm finding useful personally not just professionally. I thought I'd share something simple that gave me a big "Ah ha!" moment.

"What we practice, gets stronger"

If I am constantly stressed and pessimistic, my ability to be stressed and pessimistic gets stronger.

If I practice relaxation techniques, being present and in the moment, my ability to relax and stay present will get stronger.

So simple but I really needed to hear that.

Guest TooSoon

I spent hours and hours and hours in the early months attempting mindfulness meditation.  It helped me more than anything else.  It works! 

"What we practice, gets stronger"

I find this ironic because we practiced in the same profession for how many odd years...where this was an everyday staple for us...yet we have to learn the lesson for ourselves coming from a different perspective.

I learn so slowly....

Maureen

I was exposed very early in my recovery to mindfulness and ACT therapy. It took a while to calm down my brain to do it but I kept on doing it.  Practice makes perfect they say.  Totally agree with your statement Trying "What we practice, gets stronger".