21 months I'm feeling a shift

For the past couple of days I'm feeling a positive shift. It's nothing to do with the board stuff it's me.

I lost so much, DH and a lot of me at the same time. I never expected that. I guess that's why you never really get it until you go through it.  I've had significant loses but not like this. When I told my Mom early in this journey (my Dad died 26 yrs ago)  "oh Mom this is so much worse than when Dad died" she was so matter of fact and said "of course it is". I was taken aback.  She endured and lived and so will I. (She's old school)

It's not just the feeling of spring it's something more. I feel a tad more strength than I've felt since I don't know when but I'm going to embrace it and see where it takes me because I need it. 

BrokenHeart, I'm happy to see that you are feeling a "positive shift".  You'll still experience all kinds of difficult emotions and it may feel like the pain and sadness you've experienced in the past may come visit sometimes.  However, this is a normal reaction to a significant loss.

It sounds as if you have found healthy ways to cope with the pain and loss, and that is what will renew you and permit you to move on.

We all go back and "visit" our pain, our sadness...and that is okay!  We all have those days that the sadness overwhelms us.  However, remember to focus on, "visiting the pain", acknowledge it, then come back to the now and continue your journey of healthy healing and learning how to breathe and rebuild again.

I am so glad you are feeling a positive shift in all of this. It isn't an easy road to travel. Yesterday was  22 months out and I haven't had that "moment" yet but I have hope and I keep on trying. I can't wait for the day I start using a calendar for months in the year instead of some dreaded milestones. What is that about anyways?  ???

Cyndi

Guest look2thesky

I think it's like having a new born. We think in months / days, perhaps till going into year 3.

23 months instead of "almost 3 years".

Then it goes to 3 1/2 etc.

I always was puzzled by this, almost like should I keep wearing the ring, or no.

Or widowed vs remarried vs single.

Strange.

I second that look2thesky! I don't know why I am counting in months , weeks, and days. I haven't done that since my kids were under a year old. What is that about? I, for one, welcome the days when I know longer do this.

I keep waiting for a shift. Its coming but sometimes I just want it to hurry the hell up!

Cyndi