Proud mama moment

Trying

My 17 year old son was nominated by his football coach for "The Heart of a Giant" contest through the New York Giants.  They accepted him as a nominee and is on their website for voting.  Today there was an article in the paper about him and his quotes about his Dad brought me to tears.

On top of the honor of his coach nominating him, we are huge NY Giants fans.  We had season tickets before DH died.  4 days before he passed we went to the season opener game.  He was very weak, in a wheelchair, but he wanted one last game with his boys.  Our regular seats were nose bleed section so I got them to move us handicapped seating.  When we got there, they surprised us and put us in a private section right on the visitors sideline.  He was so sick at that point but was so determined to make it a good day.  2 hours in the car each way, we stayed for the entire game, and had to deal with his illiostomy throughout he day.  The picture from that day sits in several places in our home and is so bittersweet to look at.

DH would so proud of our son, on and off the field, I hate that he's not here to share this moment and that our son doesn't get to see that look of pride in his Dad's eyes one more time.