Interesting viewpoint on platitudes

Gabzmom

I thought I would share here because, you, of all people, will understand. 

http://www.timjlawrence.com/blog/2015/10/19/everything-doesnt-happen-for-a-reason

He writes,

Let me be crystal clear: if you've faced a tragedy and someone tells you in any way, shape or form that your tragedy was was meant to be, that it happened for a reason, that it will make you a better person, or that taking responsibility for it will fix it, you have every right to remove them from your life.

Grief is brutally painful. Grief does not only occur when someone dies. When relationships fall apart, you grieve. When opportunities are shattered, you grieve. When dreams die, you grieve. When illnesses wreck you, you grieve.

So I?m going to repeat a few words I?ve uttered countless times; words so powerful and honest they tear at the hubris of every jackass who participates in the debasing of the grieving:

Some things in life cannot be fixed. They can only be carried."

Wow - they can only be carried - here I was trying to find a fix that will never in a million years happen...

The author of the blog, Tim Lawrence, was basically affirming the thoughts of Megan Devine.  I am not sure who she is nor have I read her blog.  I did grab the link and attach it here.  At first blush, I see that she is a mental health therapist and works with those in grief.  It also looks like she has an e-course called "Writing Your Grief." http://www.refugeingrief.com

I'm not broken, don't try to fix me. I am having normal reactions to abnormal circumstances. I am so tired of trying to "put on a happy face."

I agree, my happy face doesn't fit and I've said it a million times "I didn't play make believe as a child & I will not as an adult".