Immune system taking a hit

My immune system held out during the really busy months after DW passed, October (Lots of important personal dates), November, & December (Holidays). Since Mid-January I have a cold for two weeks, followed by a week of feeling better, then back to two weeks for a cold.

I had heard that your immunity takes a hit after being widowed for about a year, but I thought I was able to squeak by. Silly me.

I've been eating really well since before DW passed and have been exercising. I guess that mental stress catches up.

Anyone else experience this?

The day that DW passed I was starting to come down with a little cold, she had just gotten over it. The next three months I caught every bug I came in contact with. Amazing that my daughter did not have so much as a sniffle in the same time. Then I was good for about 1.5 months. Then I made the mistake of shaking hands with a candidate we had in for an interview at the office. Have had another round of colds for the last month.

I'm on a strict no touching door handles or shaking hands policy now.

I seriously started to post something about this last night.  For years, I was going I n and out of the ER, hospitals, doctors offices, etc. with my Kenneth; I was exposed to MRSA (a form of staff infection that's resistant to medications - nasty stuff); and I was surrounded by students getting sick, every time a new "bug" started making the rounds.  In all that time, the only time I got sick, except for my migraines, was with the occasional mild cold.  Since my Kenneth died, I have had several colds, an ear infection (hadn't had one of those in about 40 years), a couple of stomach viruses, and yesterday, I went to the doctor and was told I have both the flu AND bronchitis simultaneously (as if having one of those at a time wouldn't be enough).  :(

The last time I went to see my grief counselor, a few days ago, I mentioned that I had been sicker this year than I had ever remembered being in my entire life.  He, also, said this was normal.  I have to say, if this is "normal", I would really like to be "abnormal" for a while.  On the plus side, between the illnesses and antibiotics, that tear up my stomach and kill my appetite, I should be looking pretty good for swimsuit and shorts weather this year (minus the dark circles under my eyes and sickly pallor of my skin - but we can't have everything, can we?).    :-\

Spent 13yrs being sick free and along with icoxwell bam I've experienced a year and a half bs gout, back pain arthritis it's like now she is not here life has said what do you think of this .Or my Katie looked after me and I was ignorant who knows.