friends with adult kids

imissdow

I have been chatting with a wonderful older man for months now.  We had dinner together about 3 weeks ago and spent 3 1/2 hours talking. We have spoken on the phone at least once a week since and I have seen him several other times at my church. We are still working on getting together again as we are both rather busy.  His daughters are 5 and 10 years younger then me and to my knowledge have not been aware that we were friends.  He is only 13 years older then me however he had his first DD  young and I had my first just before I turned 29. So he has grand kids a couple years younger then  my kids. Apparently one ofhis daughters  just found out about me.  I got a facebook friend request from her today. My profile is totally hidden and my profile picture is not of me or my kids so she still knows nothing about me.  I now know a bunch about her because everything she posts is public.  Haven't decided yet if I want to friend her.  However I got a really good laugh. Wonder if her dad knows about all of this and what he will say about it. 

Daughter must have gotten a glowing report about you from her Dad and wants to check you out a bit more.

My husband's daughters checked me out too (not online b/c this was 8 years ago and social media for creeping like that didn't really exist as much) but it's normal and really up to you if you want to allow it.

I would take it as a good sign.