First holiday we've done together

Trying

It's been a long slow road integrating NG into my life so today felt monumental in some ways but easy and comfortable in others.  Today was just my kids, my mom and I like always but NG joined us after the morning gift opening and stayed all day and through dinner.  It was a relaxed, quiet, nice day and it felt so good to have him with us.  My kids were outwardly good and my mom is very easy to be around.  He didn't have his kids until 8:00 tonight so it was really good for him too as a distraction from missing them, I would have loved having them with us and we will next year.  I'm feeling very hopeful that we can actually start to make a life together, a real Christmas gift.

Guest TooSoon

I'm so glad it worked out well. 

We just spent our first holiday together here in Liverpool.  Adp and I hosted ten people for dinner at his house.  His late wife's family was all here and we had a blast, the children got along famously and I really enjoyed getting to know everyone and hear stories.  Yesterday was boxing day and we did more of the same at Adp's in-laws place.  I had forgotten what it feels like to be a family again.  Now we're headed off to do the same with his side of the family for New Year's.  My heart is pretty full right now with love and gratitude.  After all we have been through, it is nice to acknowledge the happy times as well as the sadness and the challenges. 

Happy New Year!

TooSoon your holiday together sounds wonderful, I'm glad you are having such a good time and blending so smoothly.

Opening my heart to another doesn't erase how much I miss Tim or the family unit we created together. I don't know how to explain it to someone who hasn't been through it, this feeling of sadness mixed with joy. The ability to love 2 men in much the same way I was able to love my second and third child as much as the first without taking anything away from the first. It amazes me that I am not only able to love again but that I want to. I don't think I will ever stop grieving Tim and our life together and that's ok, it is part of who I am and why I will never take love for granted.