Hogmanay (Scottish for hug many or something!)

Helen

This has been an awful year. The reasons for this are too many to get bogged down by, but I think my worst yet as a widow.

New Year or Hogmanay, is a huge deal here in Scotland and like everywhere else I suppose, a time to look forward to the future as well as back to the past. Pretty disastrous really as a widow.

I could try and focus on the positives of becoming a widow, the only one I can think of is my increased empathy for others who are hurting. Most of it is shit though. I am alone this evening. Four years ago my home was full, with a husband and five children, and tens of friends. It would be hard for me to imagine a time in the near future when I would be alone. Alone I am though, like so many other people.

Like Dory I will keep on swimming and part of that is reaching out to others who hurt this evening and maybe like me are alone. I know something of your pain and send you a huge hug. We are disparate and distant yet share so much and the internet is like tiny threads that bind us all together.

I don?t have wisdom or answers, just wishing you all well this evening and raising a glass to my widow friends.

*toasts the Wids*

May your 2016 be a shed load better than your 2015 was, may all your appliances be operative at all times and your home be warm and dry and safe.

Much love and respect for all the breathing and what not.

Best wishes to you too Helen and thanks for the post.

Although I did recently have to buy a new washing machine, my home is warm and dry. Counting my blessings both large and small.

Cheers! and hoping 2016 is better for all of us.

I'm late on this, but ((((((((HUGS)))))))))

I don't know if I dare to hope for better, but please may it not get worse. It's all I can do to keep slogging through hell.

Peace to you all, from one lost soul... :-\