Non widow dating

Chrispy89

It never occurred to me until I read this thread that if my guy had had an online dating profile, I would have never clicked his link or whatever. I would have assumed our life experiences were just too different. It's something to think I would have completely missed us that way.

Just sharing.

This made me smile - I had known my new guy for over 20 years, though not had much to do with each other for most of that, and I've thought the same. He was 48, never married or even in a long-term relationship, living at home (looking after parents not other way round) and collects guns. I joked to him, online it would have been 'Danger! Danger, Boy Robinson!' So you just never know. I do realise though that this may be unusual.

Guest look2thesky

What Icoxwell wrote. Exactly.

More than once I broke off a relationship because single (and divorced) meant..

still involved. I feel not telling the truth, even on a dating site, destroys trust.

my new guy is not a widow. In fact, he is divorced. He had decided years ago that relationships were not for him, as he had failed miserably at his marriage.

well, guess what, he's a wonderful guy.

I started the whole thing with him by making him read the book my husband and I wrote about our marriage after he was diagnosed with cancer and before he got too weak to write.

I barraged him with photos of Dh and me, to make sure this was not going to be a problem. When he came to my home, he was surrounded by photos of DH. He handled all that well too.

Last week, i told him about a dream i had with DH in it, and he interpreted it in a very positive way.

I think I personally would feel threatened, but he doesn't seem to be. He worries that i have not had enough time to heal (after almost 3 years) but it hasn't made him leave me yet :D

so yes, find a good guy, and it can work!