Radio experience

robunknown

So my car's satellite radio hasn't worked in a few days so I've just had the radio on. On the way into work this morning I realized that I haven't hit the pre-selected channels DW had programed into the car. Before I hit the first button I wondered if I'd be sent some kind of message. No joke, the first words I heard instantly were, "so hello from the other side, I've must have called a thousand times..." [Adele's song Hello]

I started laughing because if I was DW, what better contemporary song and phrase to pick.

That's kinda awesome. The only ways I've felt like chad "showed up" was through music.  One day I had my phone on shuffle at work and it played every single one of "His" songs back to back without interruption.  I even hit "next" a few times to see if it would keep going.  And I've had an app on my phone that I don't regularly use, it only has TWO songs I it (ones I downloaded for his funeral ) and it'll open by itself and Sammy Hagar starts singing Eagles Fly.  :)  If I were you I'd take it lol

I keep her iPod unchanged.  Every now and then, I go back and listen to all the podcasts she'd downloaded.  She was a huge fan of A Prairie Home Companion.  Listening to the Powdermilk Biscuit song gets me all misty, but in a good way.

I love this - thanks for sharing.  My DH's best friend sent me a Christmas card in which he mentioned that he had saved my DH's voicemail messages to him, and the voicemails keep randomly playing at odd times when the friend is not near the machine.  I love that too.