Wid sister Valentine surprise

Wheelerswife

I just got home from a 12 hour day of work and class at the university.  LONG-a$$ed day.  I reached into my mailbox and found a hand addressed envelope (I rarely get them anymore) with a Valentine card with more kiddie Valentines inside it - from a dear wid sister from the east coast.  That sure put a smile on my face!  I have a Valentine this year!  Thank you darling!

Maureen

<3

How lovely.  Presents from my wids always seem to carry much more meaning to me.  My widow bestie and I shall be going for a 'bottomless' prosecco brunch on Valentines day.  Even though I have a girlfriend, Valentines isn't just about romantic love, it's about friendship too, in my opinion.

Maureen, what a wonderful way to end a long, hard day!  Receiving hand-written notes and cards in the mail make my day as well.  Something thoughtful and personal amongst all the bills and junk mail.  You have a wonderful Valentine friend!

And yes, gracelet, I agree...Valentine's Day can be about showing your appreciation and love for friends as well!