I'm pretty far out now......

StillWidowed

.......like on the official downslope to 10 years. I've had one "relationship" since the death of my husband.  Looking back, it was merely dating on and off with an emotionally unavailable man.  I've watched so many people in my online widowed community and in real life find love again.  It feels completely elusive to me now.  I have grown children, good friends, good job, supportive family, so nothing is holding me back.  Yet, no one appeals to me.  Not because I'm still longing for my husband, or grieving,  but because no.....one.......appeals.......to me.  I've come to the conclusion that it's never going to happen for me.  And this has sent me into a downward spiral.  I will live the rest of my life out alone, but I really don't want to.  I cry a lot now.  It sucks.  The end.

I'm sorry, the Chapter 2 and trying to re-couple and put ourselves out there is tough, tough, tough. And Im so sorry you are feeling this way....I've been trying to recouple for 3 years with not great results but I will keep trying (at some point). I don't know your situation specifically but if you do want to re-couple, please remember there are a lot of potential matches out there. And there are other creative ways to meet people rather than online dating (social clubs, meet up groups, hobby groups for example). I think we all deserve to find a partner and love again - but we are all moving on different timelines. Widow hugs to you during this time - please find things that give you comfort right now.

Guest TalksToAngels

It's sometimes a bit difficult to not get discouraged at what's out there, as far as dating and relationship potentials. I too gave up on all the online stuff. It has never really made me feel all warm and fuzzy. And has the potential to break one's spirit.

If it's meant to happen, it will somehow be in the cards. At least it's one can hope for.

.......Not because I'm still longing for my husband, or grieving,  but because no.....one.......appeals.......to me.  I've come to the conclusion that it's never going to happen for me.  And this has sent me into a downward spiral.  I will live the rest of my life out alone, but I really don't want to.  I cry a lot now.  It sucks.  The end.

Big (((HUGS))) SW....

I understand so much of what you wrote....No one appeals to me either.

I try to think that this is the case because the right person has not found their way to me yet, or to you, or to the other posters above. There is no reason to think it will never happen. We all have different time lines and can't compare ourselves to those that have successfully recoupled sooner than us, even though, we are envious....

We are capable and deserving of loving and being loved again.

I  just wish it would happen sooner rather than later...