Stressed...😁

Sugarbell

Damn...I feel like a walking firecracker ready to explode! And as soon as I get rested and feeling normal (always Sunday evening I know it's time to start over again)

I am handling new job... The 100 mile commute..:the emotions letting go of the house/improvements...looking for new place. My oldest is doing great...made schoo baseball team...has friends...

My Mother is pushing me over the edge. She's crazy and I know reads my stuff on here.../but this was always my reservation with moving to my childhood hometown. I left at 18....It's like moving back to a whole new place because I have been gone 25 plus years: The pros outweigh the negatives....hands down a better community/school for my kids.

If my Mom doesn't send me over the edge. I will protect myself...but lord it's a real reminder why I left. It wasn't my old friends or people....it was her.

Not going to elaborate (like I said she reads my posts ultra control freak)... just send me strength the next few months. I need it!

Dear SB's Mom,

SB has a lot on her plate and you are adding to her stress by denying her a place to safely vent. Please allow her the freedom to post at will without fear/knowledge that you are stalking her here. It may even improve your relations.

abl

Thanks guys...but it won't stop her.

Seriously...I am having flashbacks to high school...starting at 14 I got severe headaches, leg cramps-horrible pain. I had cat scans run..MRI... It was the stress of dealing with her and our toxic relationship (she was a high school teacher where I was in school..and it was a major mess)

Once I left...headaches, pain gone. Lately within 5 minutes of being in her presence and her ways of making me feel inferior-the pain 30 years later is back. She's a trigger...I won't relapse and take a pill but she's toxic to me (not to the rest of the world...charming, beautiful and as phony as a 3 dollar bill).

Thank God I still have my Dad. I am just shaky right now and had to get this poison outta my head.

I am so sorry, SB. I can't even imagine what that must be like. My mom and I are very close and always have been. But she has never really been one to meddle in my personal business. And she knows pretty much everything about my life right now since she is now living with me.

Well, now I don't feel so alone,lol. I would be afraid of mine coming here to read mine as well, but I don't think she knows about this place. My dad is not much better.

So involved in my life..too involved!

If a different vehicle is parked in my driveway and they see it, they either stop in to see who is here, or immediately call me to find out.

The one thing that really burns me up, is my dad will stop in sometimes when I'm not home, to hang out with the kids. If the answering machine shows a blinking light indicating a message he will actually check my messages and then tell me when I get home. The first time he knew I was pissed about it and stopped for awhile, but recently did it again.

The frustrating part of it is they don't see how they push the boundaries of what is normal and not so normal, and I actually think they believe they are helping or doing me a favour!

Sorry that your relationship with your mom is like this...it can certainly cause a lot of extra unneeded stress!

well in that case, extra kudoses to you for doing the right thing for your family, despite the perils to your sanity. Hang in there. I'm glad things are being handled/evolving well and everything might look a little rosier when the commute gets drastically shortened.

Boy, I can relate to the fixing up/selling/house hunting/buying stuff! Am in the middle of all that myself.

I think I'd go around the bend with the commuting, etc.  Kudos for keeping it together, especially with the controlling mom situation! (Have one myself, but at least she's not online.)

Wishing you success in your move, and strength for the duration and everything involved!