Really

BrokenHeart2

I know it's not a big gripe but I just have to get it off my chest. DH niece posted on fb yesterday a pic of DH sis with arms around DH ex. touting a tradition with hearts. I just now feel like I need distance from the lot including step kids. Dumb shit happening there too. I don't have the tolerance or patience with this BS right now.  My niece is fighting for her life and I'm just done. WTF. Guess I'm just not happy enough for them.

I'm sorry, BH2. I can see where that would hurt your feelings. Maybe it will help a little to remember that you had the most important person's heart - your husband's. Are they still hoping to find lungs for your niece? I've been keeping her in my thoughts - so young and deserving of more time. I've been thinking about you as well.

Sending love and hugs...

I'm so sorry. Sometimes the best thing we can do is put some distance between ourselves and others, and only you can know if it's the right thing to do or not.

In the past we had to avoid certain family members because it was what was best for everyone, and to put an end to the unexpected drama that would pop up every so often with these people. I am in touch with them now, but on a strictly casual basis. I will never be close to them, but that's ok.

I'm also sorry about your niece, that has to be stressful. Thinking about you!

Thank you both for understanding. Yes it is hurtful and I am putting distance from them. Enough is enough.  Yes, my niece is still at the top of the transplant list. She has been slowly rebuilding her strength which is great for the surgery!  She's a fighter