This week 30 years ago...

momtokam

I can actually smile when I remember now...

On March 22 I first met my DH, 30 years ago, in a phone bar of all things! It was a horrble night. I was dragged there by a friend and I was pretty much left on my own after we got there. Near the end of the night, DH's friends called the phone where I was standing and asked me to come dance with their friend. I thought the night couldn't get any worse,  so I went over...

We went to same university and that week we ran into each other, (alone in an elevator that was always usually crowded) and when we chatted, realized we were both orthodox and both had a free weekend during the traditional Easter that was that upcoming weekend. And so, our first date was planned, Easter Sunday 1986....

Thank you ladies.

The bar was called Xanadu!

Tables and counters had phones and there were numbers hanging over them. You could call the number of the table you wanted to talk to.

To this day, I don't know if he knew I was coming over to the table or not, after his friends called me. He and his friends would never admit the truth to me. I actually prefer not knowing now. :-)

Guest TormentedTwoStep

What a sweet story.  It goes to show it truly can happen when you least expect it, in the most unlikely of places and oddest ways.  I'm sure no one went that night hoping to find their spouse.  Thanks for sharing that.  And my warmest hugs to you on what I'm sure is a day that always aches a bit.