Thinking of seeing a medium to connect to my late husband

Tatianakm

Hello,

I wonder if anyone really did this? Did you seek a medium to connect to your loved ones? How soon is too soon? Today is exactly one month since my husband passed away suddenly due to the cardiac arrest. I miss him so much and the pain is so unbearable. I want to see him in my dreams, but he only visited me once, second or third day after the funeral. I dreamt of him standing in our kitchen, it was in the morning, he was upbeat and smiling, asking me to get his vitamins ( I usually put those together for him). I replied: "honey, you would not believe what happened to us, I thought you have died".  And with those words he disappeared. Every night I go to bed and hope that I dream about him. I am so afraid that I will start to forget his voice and his face. One friend told me that this is a good sign that I do not dream of him; it means that he is at peace. But I really want to know that he is OK and he did not suffer.

Did you see a medium to connect to your loved one? How long ago since they passed? Did it bring you comfort? Any good reputable medium in PA, NJ, NYC, tristate area?

Ya know I mentioned recently that my wife believed in Medium/Psychics in a huge way and if anyone could " Come through a Medium" my wife would.

Your only 1 month into your loss and everything is huge to you,as it is to myself.

For me I don't believe much in mediums,but I would fear something could be said that could further intensify my grief.

Please take no offence, often my wife got agrivated with me,not believing in these things.

I wish I could experience something once,maybe that's it,I've never experienced anything psychic/medium related,I'd like to.

Becareful, each thing is huge during the first year, we all would hate to see anyone (medium) make your loss harder on you :) .

Take care best to you ~ToRn

I have been to a medium a few times, I can't remember how soon it was the first time but it was within the first 6 months at least.  The woman I went to was recommended to me after my father died so I had been to her once before.  It was emotional, I cried a steady stream of silent tears while there but I did feel a sense of peace after.  I think it's important to get recommendations because you don't want to be taken advantage of by someone who is not legitimate.

I also had an incredible experience when I went for a massage one time, I didn't know the woman was also a medium.  Half way through the massage she asked me quietly how I felt about mediums and when I said I had a good experience with one she apologized for interrupting the quiet of the massage but there was a man tapping her on the shoulder very insistent that she tell me he was there.  His sister bought me the gift certificate for the massage for my birthday and she said he organized the whole thing because he knew I was under a lot of stress (I was getting ready to move) and wanted to talk to me.  It was unexpected and amazing at this new spa where no one knew anything about me. my SIL bought the gift certificate on impulse and had no idea what a gift it would really turn out to be. 

I went to see one at 4 months out.

She was very credible and some things were spot on and even chilling. She told me though that when they cross to the other side, they need time to adjust and learn how to communicate. It's like learning a new language. She said it's best to wait at least 6 months.

She was struggling a bit with me and even called me the next day to relay more to me over the phone as she felt he was not as forthcoming with her the day before.

Just my experience.

I had a good experience with a reading over the phone with Susan Sanderford. She had been recommended by someone on the old board. The reading was on the six month mark and gave me some peace for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

The most interesting thing happened just the other day. One of my really good friends volunteered to find a reputable medium for me to connect to my husband. She called yesterday all excited and could not wait to tell me about her experience. Over brunch yesterday she shared that  she explored a few different avenues to try to get a recommendation; all those did not yield any results. Later in the evening on Friday her and her husband went to the accountant to prepare taxes. Right on the porch of the accountant's she noticed a cat; being a cat lover she petted the animal and such. The accountant answered the door, led them into a room and they chatted a bit about the cat ( it was his cat). Then out of the blue the accountant proceeded to tell a story how he had an older cat that passed away and one day he met with a medium, who is a client of his also, his late father came forward and he was holding the late cat in his arms, as the animals are also "there" to meet us when we will be crossing over. The accountant handed my friend the medium's card.

When my friend shared the story, there was no doubt in mind mind that my husband made that happen. He knows that she is the friend I trust the most. He also on many occasions commented what a true friend she was. We all shared the love for animals, we owned several cats. I know and my friend agreed that my husband put that cat in her path to make the connection.

So, Trying, thank you for sharing your story.

I will update on how my reading goes. Actually excited now, but also a bit cautious.