Wedding anniversary

DonnaP

Thirty years ago today, Mick and I said "I do." And we did -- for almost 24 years. I am SO jealous of all my family and friends who are now posting messages of affirmation to their spouses ("I'd marry you all over again....")

We would have made it to 30, and beyond. Our marriage was happy. It was solid. We were best friends, parents and lovers. I miss him with every breath I take.

So many memories, all tied to him. So much that he has missed these past six years.

My heart is still with you, Mick. A piece of it will always be yours.

I hope you are happy knowing I've found love again. I know that my life has so much more meaning because Andrew is a part of it. I'm still sad you are not here, though. I guess we never truly get over loss.

Thanks for listening.

Your Donna

I guess we never truly get over loss.

I don't believe that we do; it's a part of us now.

As many have written before, the heart has an incredible capacity for expansion - if we let it. I am so glad for you that you have found love again in Andrew. I think we owe it to our spouses to live as fully as we can, since they cannot be with us any longer.

Hugs and peace,

Justin

April 10th would have been our 17yr year anniversary, instead we only made it 15.  He was and is my soul mate and I will never stop missing him.  I have a new relationship that is working out well but that doesn't change what I had.  On the 10th I quietly missed my DH instead of talking about him since I didn't want people to question my relationship with New Guy.  So many who have not gone through this can't understand actively missing someone while moving forward. 

I want to say that the spring has suddenly brought all the couple's out & it's wrong to feel like I do.

I've no doubt that my wife and I,would have continued to surpass our friends marriage 'wise' so seeing others at this point stores up unplaced anger.

Sorry each of you all feel this pain