A major relationship milestone

MrsDan

This afternoon, I noticed my dogs paying special attention to something in the backyard. I went out there to check it out. Sure enough, there's something dead out there (chipmunk? bird? that's how messed up it is, although I couldn't bring myself to look too closely). I brought them inside, brushed their teeth, and gave them baths. I've picked up dead mice before. But tonight, when he comes over, I am going to ask my boyfriend to dispose of this thing. We've been together six months, is it too soon? Is this a blow to feminism? I don't know and I don't care. That shit is gross.

Guest TooSoon

It is a milestone.  I waited for a couple of weeks last year until Andy got here to remove a large bird my cats killed.  Screw feminism when it comes to dead vermin.  From my recollection there is nothing in The Feminist Mystique about unsolicited dead creatures.  And even if there is....

I've tossed lots of dead things with a shovel, the worst of which being a dead possum I found in the backyard that I was scared to death was just playing dead!  I think you have a great plan. I don't purposely come up with things for him to do, but it is sooooo nice to be able to have a man to ask to fix stuff or carry heavy stuff or teach me how to use the weed eater, etc.

Not only is it a great help to me and makes me even more attracted to him, it also strokes his ego to be able to help me with stuff! Definitely enlist your man to help you with that!

Guest nonesuch

*sigh* Boyfriends aren't husbands.

Last summer I found a dead fawn, still curled up, so I wondered if it was stillborn.  It was pretty far gone, starting to smell.  So I called Current Beau at work.

"Well, you'll need to get some lime from the hardware store. ___ should have it."  Yes, he expected me to deal with this.

Which I did.  The folks at the hardware store were helpful. "What are you going to do with the lime?...You'll have to dig a hole..." 

Well, mission accomplished. But today I saw Gracchus rolling around in the same area again. I saw some feathers, then...a bird head! What is there some kind of small woodland animal fight club going on at night? BF unavailable this time so I raked it up, and dealt with it. AND had to bathe the dogs again, although this time I just did it outside with the hose. Actually, BF mentioned yesterday that he would rather pick up the dead thing than give my dogs a bath.