A realization...

SoVerySad

Lately, I've been spending time on youtube listening to a lot of music my husband and I enjoyed during the 90's. The 90's were really great years for us, with a few exceptions. Man, I wish we could relive that time period again. I've been reading some of the comments, which I generally never do. I've read so many comments saying the person wishes they could go back to the 90's again.

I'm realizing that not all of my misery is related solely to losing T. Some of it likely is r/t my age and my feelings about the world today and the responsibilities/worries for my kids' futures. It is all definitely magnified by not having T to be my loving support and help me to escape reality when needed. I'm not sure where this realization fits into how I continue to process my loss, but I do think somehow I need to be cognizant of it - if only to adjust my hopes for happiness in the future.

Am I making any sense to anyone? 

This does make sense - having a loving caring spouse to cushion the harsh realities of life is priceless.  I always thought of home as my safe place, where I could share fears and insecurities and feel like everything would be okay.  I believe that the world continues to change quickly, and in my opinion not always for the better.  It sure would be nice to share these thoughts with DH. 

I'm realizing that not all of my misery is related solely to losing T. Some of it likely is r/t my age and my feelings about the world today and the responsibilities/worries for my kids' futures. ...

plant-rocks_xs_19972453.jpg

"Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go,

but rather learning to start over."

~~ Nicole Sobon

((SVS))

I would like to add a small modifier to the above quotation. - After gradually loosening my grip on the past, the "starting over" has proven to be equally challenging and often frightening. I understand your quandary!

Sending you courage, strength and resolve to face what lies ahead!

ATJ :)

Thanks for sharing.....I understand what you mean all too well.

I often wish I could turn back the clock to another time and enjoy things like I used to enjoy them.  I still enjoy some things, but not in the same intense way like before I was a widow.

I listen to music on U tube  that my husband and I loved.  I miss our "glory days" more than I could ever put into words.

Thanks for sharing.