Here comes the "This time last year spiral down for me..."

Its only been 5.5 months since she passed. But come Saturday will be the a year from what was, the beginning of the final downward spiral, it was kicked off by her oncologist telling her, she should "get her affairs in order" as she was being admitted to the hospital.

I try to keep pushing this fact away, because she lived for another 6.5 months, but it stands out quite vividly because this date is also my birthday.

I am so sorry that you had to received such terrible, horrible news on your birthday, of all days.  Things just aren't fair, sometimes.  Hang in there, though.  Take care of yourself, as best as you can, and remember to just take slow, deep, concentrated breaths, if things get too hard.

I am so glad you handled the day so well! Eight days after my husband died was the 24th anniversary of our first date (on St. Patrick's Day). I was dreading it, but my daughter and I sat watching a sunset over the ocean and just at the exact same moment when my husband and I kissed for the first time, a humpback whale started breaching himself over and over in the water. After a while he got tired and just started slapping the water with his tail. I felt like we get little gifts, little graces, through friends, family, nature, the things we love to help fill the void of the massive grace we got from the one we loved best.

Our wedding anniversary is coming up, so who knows how awful that will be. But your experience is a reminder that I need to get out in the world and find joy and beauty on that day even as I want to stay inside under the covers crying.

I too remember going into the abyss of knowing it was the end. It's coming up but not as raw because I'm coming onto 2 yrs but fuck it still hurts. I'm so sorry it happened on your Birthday. My heart is hurt for you.  Sounds like you had an ok day so I'm thinking I'd like to say Happy belated Birthday but I get it. Maybe you might be thinking "yeah, whatever". I so get that too

I hope you find some peace at this heart wrenching time

Hugs to you Robunknown