Today would have been our 30th

Guest nonesuch

Guest nonesuch

I woke up this morning and realized that 1) I've completely forgotten New Guy's birthday, again, and 2) today would have been our 30th anniversary.

To add to the poignancy, my colleague just came back to work, from his two week vacation during which he got engaged.  I don't begrudge him his happiness at all, but it was an odd coincidence, and reminded me how old I am.

Last year would have been our 30th as well. I remember on our 25th hoping we would make it to 50. I never dreamed we wouldn't even make it to 30. Hitting these milestones without them is so strange. It is hard to avoid the "only ifs".

Hugs to you...

Yes, I get it!  All these dates in our new lives that coincide with ones from our previous lives can be mindboggling.  At times, I feel like I'm living in a different world, even though I'm the same person. 

My new husband and his DW's anniversary falls on the same day as my birthday, which also happens to be his late father's birthday.  NH's brother's birthday is the same as my DH's mom's.  Boy, that was confusing, wasn't it, so I won't bore you with more dates.

Anyway, I find the overlapping of many of these important dates leave me feeling sentimental, but I'm also in awe of all the coincidences.