4th of July memory

Momtojandj

Husband will be gone 4 years this October, 46 had he lived on Wednesday. But today all of a sudden I remembered our first apartment and how we were able to see the fireworks from our balcony . Years before, I remember going to see fireworks with him, no clue who else we went with.. But I do remember asking him if it was ok if I leaned on him on the blanket . Geez .. Such nice bittersweet memories .

4th of July just never has the same meaning for us, as we were not born here, just a midsummer Holiday, fun family gathering, long weekend to spend together. Today I remembered one of the first 4th of July weekends we had together: his parents went somewhere abroad for vacation and asked us to watch the dogs.  He made me climb out of his parents' bedroom window on to the roof where we sat wrapped in a blanket and watched the fireworks. I miss him more and more every day...

Thank you for starting this thread; I remembered how carefree I once was.

My husband loved watching fireworks. We watched them together for 31 straight years. He retained that boyish excitement about them all those years. I remember that I used to watch his face more than I watched the actual fireworks - it made me happy to see his delight with the colors of the fireworks reflecting onto his face. I can still picture it in my mind, which I am thankful for. I miss you, Baby!