Another young widow/er

Trying

This week I attended a wake for the mother of a boy my oldest son played baseball with for many years when my DH was the coach. This family was at my home for many BBQs and pool parties  and 5 games a week of baseball all summer for years.  This was her second marriage so her husband is step dad to her son with no kids of his own and he seemed so lost and alone.  I told him that I will be here for him, especially after the initial flood of support dies down.  Watching them going through the motions brought back so much.

It is amazing to me how many of my 3 children's friends and classmates have lost a parent, at least 9 that I can think of.  It's just not right.

I'm so sorry and sadly this happens too often.  You are a compassionate woman and a true friend. 

You are showing your children and others the right thing to do when loss of a loved one occurs.  Our past, present, and future is so connected.  We are not living on an island.  Lest we forget our lives will be better because we walked this road and did the right thing with discernment.  * Not better than what we once had but better than not meeting and serving where we can.

Love and hugs to you and the grieving family.