Moving

iloveyoualways

Hello All. I may be offered a unit in a subsidized complex. I've been waiting for 3.5 years. Honestly, the unit isn't what I expected. Old. No dishwasher or washer/ drier. Maybe I expected more.

But it's bigger and brighter, even on a rainy day. Lots of closet space. I could make it our own.

After buying a townhouse with my husband I felt like life was going well. Now I may be living in social housing. A major blow to my ego and everything that we've survived. But I wouldn't be living in somebody else's basement suite. I wouldn't feel watched all of the time (even though I know that it's not true).

I know that I would only pay about half of what I'm paying now. I would actually save some money for once since his death. We wouldn't need the Christmas Bureau or food bank. For a full time working person to have so much stress it isn't healthy. I would have less stress and believe that I would be happier. And that's all that I've been striving for since being widowed.

A part of me is still angry with him for leaving us in this mess that he created. A home that was bought but not finished. A family that was not yet complete now missing two. I almost stopped hoping that something good would come to us. Most of my dreams died with him.

I know many of us feel frustration/anger/"how can this be my life" since becoming widowed- for a myriad of reasons, but the feeling is the same....

It sounds like there are a lot of positives about this place. Does it at washer/dryer hookups so you could look at putting some of the money you are saving on rent towards a set?

Seems to me the lack of dishwasher and washer dryer is minor if it saves you half of what your paying. You could always buy a portable machine. I don't know what rent runs were you are but here one months rent would easily buy a machine. I would probably go for it.