Most interesting trigger

Forgottenwife

Background - DH has been dead a little over 5 years. I have a new job, new place, no one here has ever asked about my past, its just not known. I'm just a fellow employee, with a nice boyfriend.

Scenario - We are looking for a consultant. My husband was a successful consultant. I walk into the room with my team to meet and interview a candidate and the man reminds me so much of my husband. Same: height, hair color, eye color, build, shirt style, easygoing, intelligent. He was so nice and as we were chatting I was just in wonderment that this man was so much like my husband. I couldn't believe it. And I am fine. Everyone here likes the guy, he's got the right skills and the right temperament and it looks like we will move forward working with him. I certainly couldn't say no. Just so weird. I had some moments of do people ever ponder how lucky they are just to be here? Just to be alive? He pleasantly chatted about his wife and daughter - he looked so happy.

I immediately wanted my old life and my husband back. It is not to be for Forgottenwife. I have to live this life as it is. I drove home. I'm ok, just a reminder for me to live and love now, don't leave anything unsaid, now is all we have.

I now know that life is short.  Each day counts.....but I didn't know that before I was a widow.

I often wish my husband could come back and visit me, so I could tell him all that I understand now.  I would like to tell him how much I have learned.

Thank you for reminding me that each day we have is important.

Wishing you a good day.