Wow

MrsDan

Yesterday was Dan's 40th birthday. Or rather it should have been. My boyfriend came over, as he usually does on Thursday. I explained to him that it was Dan's birthday, and that DD and I were going to sing to him and that I hoped he was okay with being around for that. He joined us in singing to Dan. Then DD wanted to count to 40. I said why don't we just eat our cupcakes, but N gave me a look like, oh yeah we're doing the count. It got a little hard for me when we got to 36 (he was supposed to turn 36 a fee weeks after he died), but I do like how it expanded the ritual for DD. I thanked N for being cool about it, and he thanked me for including him. It was so nice, and so meaningful to me that he did that.

That is beautiful. Interesting times, aren't they? I had a memory pop up on Facebook this morning; it was a photo of me, LH, and some friends at my high school reunion four years ago. I shared it because the little message under said the person who shared it made it semi-private so only certain people could see it. Next thing I know, NG has given it a 'like'. I cracked up, thinking he wouldn't see it since he's not part of my high school crowd :)

Guest TooSoon

I love this, MrsD. I want to say something profound but instead will stick with this really made me smile.  Coming up on 4 years now I marvel when I read posts like this - we've been through so much and come so far. At one time I never imagined that was possible. Happy birthday, Dan!