It's been a really rough day

I'm having a really rough day today and I feel so lost and confused. All day I've started things only to lose my train of thought and have to stop to think about what I was supposed to be doing. I start remembering how it was and that just tears me apart, so then I try not to think about it but that seems just as painful. It feels like I'm at war with myself, I don't want to be alone but within minutes of being around others I become irritated and just want them to go away. I'm tired of being in my house all day, but don't seem to have enough energy to actually go out anywhere. I turn on the tv because I hate the silence but then can't stand the noise either. I start cleaning my house but then become tired very quickly and just want to sit, then I become restless just as quickly and want something to do. My kids are all busy with work, friends, and sports so now I'm mostly just here by myself which I like, until I don't. I feel like I'm losing my mind and I don't know how to come back.

Yes. I remember that. All exactly that. Nothing. Nothing works. Nothing makes it better, or relieves the pain for long. No energy. Don't want to be alone. Want to scream at people when I am around them. Read a page. Put it down. Start something. Drift off. Wow. Your post brought it all back, angelk75. You aren't losing your mind. Your world is just completely changing all around you. I know I can say nothing to really help. Except it does get better. You do get back. We are here for you.

I remember this and will have days like this still

Just trying to concentrate on anything seems impossible

I had to write notes to myself just to remind me what I needed to do

the emotional roller coaster is exhausting

Wish I had some great words of wisdom to share but wanted you to know you are not alone

I remember that feeling, it wasn't that long ago. I just felt so uncomfortable in my skin and nothing felt right. I found it helpful to make lists of what needed to get done for the week and it gave me something to focus on. In the beginning the lists were simple like, mop the floors and pay car insurance and eventually I was up to doing more complicated tasks.

If you don't feel up to doing anything now than don't do anything. All you have to do today is survive. Feeling crazy is normal, slowly you will start to feel sane again.

I had to write notes to myself just to remind me what I needed to do

Yes, THIS....I have notes all over the house....and sometimes they still don't help! I will be glad when I am able to focus a bit more and stay on task a bit better!

MB

Thank you. I'm glad I found this group as no one I'm close to can understand me, they try but fortunely for them they have not yet had to walk this road. Your replies have encouraged me, to know I'm not going crazy and that there might be some hope of getting to a place where I can function again helps so much.