Sharing my thoughts on his 2 year anniversary

Will,

TWO YEARS.  Two years without hearing your voice say my name, two years without you, my soulmate.  Even with our children grown, it?s hard being both Mom and Dad.  There are so many times I want to run something by you, and then I realize I?m on my own.  I make all the decisions in my household.

I?m considered ?single? now.  I even lost my identity on who I am.  After being married for 35 ? years, it comes as quite a shock to realize I am single now.  It?s almost as if our whole life together got snuffed out.

I don?t know why some people have to give up so much, and some people glide along in life.  I bet this comes as a shock to you, that after two years I still grieve.  I believe I?ve cried enough tears to fill up a lake.  Your life was so entwined with mine. 

So many changes in our family have happened since you left us.  Kaitlin graduated, got married to James, and moved to Ft. Lee, VA; Kristen & Zack got engaged and bought a house; Kelly and Adam had our first grandbaby and moved to Phoenix.  As for me, I got myself a dog.

Blessed ? I can finally say I was blessed.  As you know, it took me a long time to be able to say that!  I was blessed with a marriage that showed pure love and devotion to the other for 35 ? years.  We were blessed with 3 wonderful daughters and had an extremely functional family unit. 

Can you believe Kristen is getting married on my birthday?  I know we will feel you with us that day!  If you can get a Blues player to show up, that would be awesome! 

I do have joyful days, hon.  I?m not always sad.  God has gotten me to the 2-year mark and I know He?ll carry me until I come home. 

Happy 2 years in Heaven, Hon!  Want you to know that you will be forever loved and missed!

Until we're together again,

Linda

Happy 2 years in Heaven, Hon!  Want you to know that you will be forever loved and missed!

Until we're together again,

(((Linda)))

What a touching tribute to your husband and testament of your deep and enduring love.

Years ago I summarized my feelings about abiding love in a poem. Perhaps it will resonate with you:

114-6664~Holding-Hands-Posters.jpg

'Love Abides'

Does love abide?

Does it live on?

Does it stretch out

From here to there?

We promised it would last forever

Our heart believed it to be true

Now we're left on earth without them

A veil eternal drawn between

Great space divides --

A deep, wide chasm

So great and so imposing, true

But our love can span the distance

And build a bridge no one could fathom

Be still my heart and try to listen

And hear Love's message loud and clear:

Love Does Abide, it never ceases

And binds what's here to what is there

It is a bond that can't be broken

It does endure, it always will

It ties two souls once torn asunder

~~~ Forevermore ~~~

My heart be still!

FreeRose-clipart-for-wedding-invitations.jpg

May you continue to feel the unbroken bond!

Peace to you on your journey.

ATJ emoticon-0152-heart.png