Inside jokes

MrsDan

One of the hardest things to lose when Dan died were all the inside jokes. Dan and I had so many inside jokes. I was listening to an album on the way to work, and realized that Dan and I referenced that album a lot. Some I hadn't thought about in a long time. Of course, I have inside jokes with other people, especially my sister. But there is something very singular about having them with your significant other.

My BF and I have inside jokes. It's something I really and truly missed about being in a loving, committed relationship.

I agree with this I use to make my wife smile with my silly jokes or talks or will tease or try to make her get angry on me but now miss all that stuff. When sometimes see similar stuff on tv smiles or cry sometimes.

Yes, we had inside jokes and almost our own language for many situations. It was very difficult to lose that. There are so many losses with the spousal loss. It's a wonder we do progress as well as we do.

I miss him and all the special things that were our very own.

soloact -- funny you say that about a language. One of our friends' sons once said of LH and I that we spoke a language that no one else understood. One of his favorite phrases was "Don't look at me in that tone of voice" -- it always made me laugh because he had the best comedic timing! The first time I heard someone say it, I laughed like Julia Roberts :) I hope to have that sort of connection with NG; we have private jokes, but having those special phrases and things is a whole different level.