They just can't understand

Those who have not walked this walk just cannot understand.

It doesn't end after the funeral.

Just because I don't talk about him as much doesn't mean he's not on my mind. He's ALWAYS on my mind.

Going through some of his belongings doesn't equal progress. This is not a good way to see how I'm doing.

Even though I smile sometimes it does not mean I don't still feel profound sadness. Widows can feel lots of things at the same time. We are pros at this.

I am not who I used to be. I cannot be that person anymore. That person was with my husband.

I am still me though. I know that's a contradiction. I see the world in a way those who have not lost cannot see.

I have never felt stronger because I am surviving. No other challenge will be this hard. I have also never felt weaker because I truly understand you cannot control everything. It is a terrifying truth.

I am so glad to have found this place to share.

Thank you all of you for understanding. <3

Kat

Did you write? As it so true.. Beautiful made me feel better especially

I have never felt stronger because I am surviving. No other challenge will be this hard. I have also never felt weaker because I truly understand you cannot control everything. It is a terrifying truth.

Thanks

Manoj

Thank you. I did write that first post. Just my random widow ramblings. I originally tried grief groups to help me on this journey but found it was a bad fit. Being a young widow it's hard to relate with others at times. This place has been so helpful.

I read a quote today that really resonated with me:

"Closure is a word for people who have never really suffered. There’s no such thing. Just try to “manage” your loss. Put it in perspective. You will always have some regret and doubt about your loss. You may always second guess yourself. If only you had said this, or tried that."

I don't let go of the loss. I just learn how to carry it with me.

• 3 weeks later...