Site Security Question

Guest Lost35

Guest Lost35

Hello All.  I finally managed to find this place.  I see we have a good selection of emoticons, so that makes me happy.  :o

I'm just wondering if there are any issues with our emails showing as was the case with the last site?  I can't find anything along the lines of security info. 

Thanks again!

-L.

• 1 month later...

I'd changed my screen per Mokie's instructions (thanks for that, BTW!) and somehow, it logged me out. While I was logged out, it went back to the chalkboard screen. It didn't show that I was logged in nor my user name yet I could see all of the posts, etc. So, my question is, how private is it in here? Can the general public see posts if they stumble upon it? Not complaining at all but just wondering? Many thanks to those that started this new board! :)

Hi, thanks for the question. I figured I would field this one. Guests can view posts but cannot view profiles of members, post, message, etc. We had discussed whether or not to hide portions of the board, but decided people may need to get a feel for our community before making the decision to sign up. Therefore we are following the example of our predecessor and keeping it open.  It is always going to be a difficult aspect of this sort of board to balance privacy versus accessibility to new members. I am not sure what the ultimate correct answer is, but the longevity of the old board is something we aim to exceed and the openness may have contributed.