Had to welcome my bestie to widows club

sadmomof2

My best friend was on vacation last month when I got the call

Her family had been in an accident and she was injured, kids mostly ok but husband did not survive. She was halfway across the country and I couldn't be there for her. She is home now and I am doing everything I can to help her cope knowing that none of it really helps. Tomorrow is the funeral and even though I am almost 10 years out I am dreading it. For me because it brings everything back but for her because I know how horrible it will be. I have given her the name of this site because I was on the ywwb board when my hubby first past and it helped. I wish I could take it all away from her.

You're right, none of it will help- short term.  Albut long term is where your true colors shine through.i imagine she'll go roughly through many similar stages as the rest of us, number one being fog. You're doing right, take care of her quietly. The whole world will be bombarding her and she needs.....probably just a friend.

I know it will cause you triggers, sad ones, but hell everything we do trips a trigger anyway, might as well make it count. Being friends can be hard, but y'all still got it. Take Tim for hv