Still here, still breathing...

Jen

... though I'm not convinced that's a good thing. Guess it is for my family, who depend on me now more than ever-- my mom had to have knee surgery, so I basically do everything around the house, work full-time (still on nights), get the kids wherever they need to be, run all over town for groceries and appointments and so forth... you know, the full Wid Special. You wouldn't think I'd have time to brood over my pathetic state, but I'm lonely as hell. No end in sight. Hope y'all are better.

Hi Jen :)

I'm happy to see you again. Sorry we meet here but it's a good supportive place for our circumstances. You are a much needed help to your family. What would they do without you? That's true and sounds good but it is not a solution for the loneliness. Lonely is a bummer.

You've not been widowing that long. It seems like forever but it's not a really long time. Healing is not as quick for many of us. I was a wreck for a few years. I'm better now but I miss him. I always will. That never goes away I'm convinced.

I know I just jinxed myself by writing that I'm better now. Probably will have one of those tearful episodes tomorrow in public because I typed that. You're worth it so that's ok too.

I wish I had words to make you feel better. There are none. I'm glad to see your post. You're one of us and we love you.

Hang in there!

• 2 weeks later...

The title and your first sentence says it all.

Never ever thought I'd make it a year.  I've passed the year mark and three months more.  I still can't believe it.  I won't drive off a cliff but there are most definitely times I want to. Not as omnipresent as initially, but not too far below the surface.

Hugs