Freezing eggs/embryos

MissingSquish

This is kind of a random topic, but I figured some of you guys might have some experience with this. I am in my mid-thirties, widowed for over 5 years, and no partner on the horizon. I'm not into dating at all, but my biological clock is ticking, so to say. I haven't been over the moon to have kids at any point in my life, but Squish wanted them.

His sperm is long off the table, lol, but I am reaching the point where I need to make a decision about my fertility. I have had a brief discussion with my gynecologist at my annual physical in January about egg/embryo freezing. I don't know anyone in my circle that has undergone this route. My plan is to keep the eggs/embryos until I decide I want to have a family (or not), and to assist people within my family if they are unable to get pregnant with their own eggs. My cousin and SIL have both had miscarriages, and have had trouble trying to conceive.

I looked into this too, I'm 35 as well, but when I saw the "Adam ruins pregnancy or fertility," episode of "Adam ruins Everything," I developed a calmness about it for the first time.

I am grateful my late husband and I did not chance cursing our kids with the horrible, genetic disease that claimed him, as much as I regret missing out.

My sister struggled w infertility for years, tried drugs, IVF, etc. All nada. She gave up, got lucky w adoption, and then at 44, got pregnant w surprise nephew 2, he's healthy, etc.

I'm not letting the fertility industry terrorize me w incomplete data anymore. The extraction process is painful, and the success rates on frozen eggs weren't high enough for me to accept the cost and risks. I prob can't have kids, but that's what they told my sister too.

If it's right for you, power to you and go for it. But do it from a place of being informed, not a place of fear.