almost 3 years out and still having that dream!

maddalena

we all went on vacation, but where's my husband?  surely if i put a trace on his car,  I'll find him. Why doesn't he call me?

Is he mad? where can he be living? Maybe I could do an internet search? surely he hasn't been totally quiet all this time?

sigh..

back to your regularly scheduled program. i woke up from this and went back to sleep to dream more of the same!

Oh THAT dream! Oh my. My brain came up with some pretty weird scenarios to explain his absence and why he was always just out of my reach. In the Army. In prison. In the hospital. And " they" always kept transferring him. THAT dream replaced the first series of dreams I had as a new widow - back from the dead. Those were also filled with so many questions.  How? How are we going to explain this? Do we keep it a secret?

Lately though, my dreams of him have been pretty darn AWESOME. Sleeping me stopped asking unanswerable questions. Just reveled in the dream. And my subconscious brought me to some beautiful moments.

I keep having dreams where my husband is there with me but in the back of my mind I know he should be gone. No matter how I struggle in my dream to not think/or admit him dead it happens anyway. Then as dream reality sets in that he's gone then he just vanishes from my dream and I spend the rest of the dream looking for him. Or I wake up pissed off or really depressed. For some reason my brain can't allow him to stay in my even in my dreams. UGH its so maddening!