Trying on Dresses

Today, I took my oldest niece shopping for an Easter dress. The dresses were frilly so she needed help trying them on. As I sat there helping her put these things over her head, my mind went back to being in the fitting room at the bridal shop and my sister helping me try on wedding dresses.

I was so incredibly happy. I had prayed and prayed that God would send me my prince. I was trying on dresses that I would wear to walk down the aisle to my future. Now it's all over. All of my hopes, dreams and plans. Just over.

The 14th of April would have been our 3rd wedding anniversary. I imagine if he had lived that by now our house would've been completely remodeled, we would've had a baby. We would be happy.

Some days I can manage the pain but today seem unbearable. I miss him so much.

AW,

I'm sorry today is hard for you.  We were married in April as well, 23rd.  Today I have been thinking about her a lot as it is snowing again and I am reminded of how it snowed a few weeks before our wedding and she was so upset thinking there would be snow in our pictures.

I also have to go Easter dress shopping for my daughter tomorrow. this is something my wife should have been doing with her.

The things we miss and that we think about what our spouses are missing can always seem so challenging. 

The signs of spring used to be so beautiful to me but now it's just painful reminders of our wedding day.

Huge hugs to you both.

I'm with you AW. April always used to be my happy-happy month. Spring. Easter.  Everything blooming. My birthday. Pretty dresses and flowers. Celebrations and happiness. Then, my wedding. More pretty dresses and flowers! Happy-happy!

But then he died in April. It will never again hold that kinda joy for me.

This year, there is still snow on the ground here. Cold. Nothing blooming. More like winter than spring.i don't know if that's going to be helpful or make things worst. I'll let you all know come May.