Now at 6 months

About two weeks ago I passed the 6 month mark.  Six months ago I could not have imagined that I would be here.

My husband passed away from a sudden heart attack at age 35 and my life has now forever change. 

The road so far has been unexpected..... sometimes (mostly) bad and sometimes good.  The key point here is that there has been some good with the bad.    I do miss my Oli all the time and I miss being the most spoiled woman in the planet but many months ago I realized that he is not coming back no matter how much I would want him to.

I guess my overall message will be for the more recent widows (ers) :  at 6 months you can survive,  you can have some moments of happiness and joy even if your heart is broken.  I will forever miss my Oli because he made me a better human being and filled my world with love and peace.  However,  I want to heal and live a full life because it is the best way to honor my late husband and to honor my own life.  That is a legacy of true love.

To all the widows and widowers, I wish you lots of peace, love and healing.  Do all you can to help yourself feel a bit better. 

Surround yourself with positive people who care about you and can support you during your low points.  It is a long road, maybe even an infinite road.....I just started....but I do have hope that this bumpy road will get smoother. :)

wnella, thanks for the encouragement. I can't deny how much losing her has changed my life. Like you I'm blessed to be able to love, openly grieve and be loved by those around me. Sharing your hope that this journey will get better, take care.

I want to heal and live a full life because it is the best way to honor my late husband and to honor my own life.  That is a legacy of true love.

^^^ This is what I want for my life, also.  My Kenneth worried that I would spend my life sitting around mourning him and would forget to go out and live.  We had many conversations about this, over the years, and he made me promise that I would do all I could to try and find happiness, after he was gone.