Only 28, what now?

Hi, not sure if this will help but it doesn’t feel like I have anyone to talk to. Im 28 and my partner, who was 30, passed in a hunting accident less than two weeks ago. We were together three years but have been close since high school. We were young and just making plans on what our lives were going to be and now hes gone. Our house is like he just left for work. His parents took the reigns on everything and im so lost and alone. Our friends are young and just starting families and it feels like my life has been cut short and I can’t relate to anyone anymore. 

So sorry for your loss and that your life has turned upside down.  It's impossible to wrap your brain around it for a while.  I felt the same as far as not being able to relate to anyone for a while, there is an overwhelming pain that takes time to become less intense.  Hang in there.  There are people here who have been through similar painful loss and have good advice and can share their experiences.  Take care

I’m so sorry for your huge loss. Do take care of yourself. If there are any friends or family at all who you feel like you can talk to, try to see them. I hope this group makes you feel just a tiny bit less alone in your loneliness. I know it has for me, even though I don’t really post. Just getting through the day, eating, sleeping, etc. is work. Sending virtual hugs to you as you move through these days. 

Hi DKnotts, I'm sorry that you had to join us on this forum. Being widowed young sucks sooo much. I was 29 when my Tom died 4 years and 4 month ago. Like you we where just starting our life together and had everything ahead of us. I was so happy to be with my soulmate and best friend. I could never have imagined that he could be taken from this world, and then he was gone in a blink of an eye, and everything shattered. Not just our future together, our family that we never got to grow, but also me. I know what you mean when you talk of other people our age just starting their family, being a young widow has a lot of social challenges that add to our pain. It took me a long time to wrap my head around everything that happened and how I could exist in this alternate reality. Finding places like this forum and other young widow groups was a lifeline for me, its the only place where I felt like I was not insane. It will take time to adjust to this new reality and to find any kind of footing in it. 2 weeks is so early, best thing now is to be gentle with yourself and take care of your physical and emotional health. The sage advise that everyone gives to those that join us is; drink water, eat when you can, sleep when you can, and take it one day at a time, sometimes one min, or one breath at a time. Hugs