Another first

HvnBound

This weekend I was sick with I guess sinus/headache/chills/fever/heartburn/runny nose/sneezing/coughing. I had to attend a motorcycle swap meet to sell raffle tickets for a motorcycle wheel chock. BF had me sit while he unloaded and loaded everything, I did not have to lift a finger. BF saw that I was not feeling well so we closed up the table an hour early so he could get me some medicine for me to take. He got me stuff for my cold and heartburn and made sure I took the medications and then insisted I get under the covers and take a nap. I was woken up due to someone calling him on his phone so I got up and he asked why are you up? You should get your rest and then he made me dinner.

What is this? Can someone explain? 

My DH never took care of me when I was sick and I still remember after my bad accident in 2006, when I had a grade 4 concussion/whiplash and my minivan was totalled, that the very next day he woke me up so I could go with him to help take care of his Mom. I had electric burning fire going down my back with extreme dizziness for weeks but yet, every day I had to help. Whenever I was sick I still had to help him, no one made sure I had meds or made sure I got rest. This is totally new to me and I am in shock!!!

I'm very happy for you, this is exactly what I need to hear today. Thank you.

I long to take care of another again...enjoy it and appreciate it.  There should be no explanation needed when someone cares for you, it is how life should be.  We all deserve to be treated this way and should strive to treat someone else like this.

It sounds like you've found yourself a real sweetheart :)  I'm glad you're being so well taken care of.  Isn't that a wonderful part of being part of a team - being there to take care of someone, and being taken care of in return. 

I tell my New Guy that I know I'm wired to be one half of a whole because while I'm good at taking care of someone else, I have no idea how to take care of myself. 

What is this? Can someone explain?

He's a caretaker. Some guys are. Weird, huh?

My LH was not good at taking care of me like that. I was the caretaker, but it wasn't odd because I had always been in every type of relationship. It was what I was used to and I didn't often think about it.

When I met my second husband, it was clear from the beginning that he was a fixer and a caretaker too. And it was weird at first but it was nice and I don't think I could go back to anything but a 50/50 now.

You bf sounds like a great guy.

This is what it looks like, and feels like, to have someone take care of you, for a change. I know, it is a completely foreign concept, for some of us.

My Kenneth was never one to take care of me. I could have a migraine, or a temperature, or be throwing up, and he would still expect me to cook dinner for the family, run errands for him, and get up every five minutes to take care of him. The first time I had a migraine, when New Guy was there, he brought me a pillow, a blanket, and dinner, and spent the entire evening letting me rest and taking care of me. I cannot even begin to describe how good that felt.

Finding a man, who loves you and takes care of you, is a wonderful, amazing experience. You should hold onto that guy of yours. Sounds like you found a "keeper".