Widowed at the Doctor's

Guest Kamcho

I'm sure she's a lovely lady, and I feel for her, dealing with the sleep deprived. I'll probably feel like an asshole after I have a nap.

If she works with the sleep deprived all day, I'm sure she's more than used to grumpiness.  And going without sleep for two days (IN ADDITION to being a young widow who's ALSO battling cancer) seems like damn good reasons to be grumpy to me. 

I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about :)  I hope you're able to get some badly needed rest soon, Kamcho!   

Guest tableforone

"Grumpy as fuck."  I loved that phrase.  And it sounds as though you have good reason to be grumpy as fuck. Hope you get some sleep soon!

I don't know why this made me think of this... But I was filling out some stupid online survey today, and at the end they wanted demographic info... And the choices for marital status were your usual "single, married, divorced".    I can check the "married" box again now, but I found myself thinking "Why don't they think about putting 'widowed' on these dang surveys???"

I remember, not so long ago, when I would have clicked out of the survey, because my status was not listed.  Or if it was, wanting to check "all of the above" because I have been all of them at one time or another.

Anyway, sending fairy sleep dust to you... Hope you get some good sleep soon!!

Guest littlebirdie

I did that on the phone last week. The cable company was trying to bill me $500 for a cable box I didn't have and had turned my house upside down looking for, but didn't find. The woman on the phone said "Well, maybe your husband..." I said "My husband is DEAD." *cue the stunned silence and fumbling for words* She said she would look into it further and call me the next day.

I felt bad after. 

Then, two days later, I got a letter saying that they had deducted $500 from my checking account to pay for the cable box and I didn't feel bad anymore.

((((((KAM)))))))

I totally had a meltdown like this last week. I had to print a Powerpoint presentation to take to work, and I only have one flash drive-- it's Jim's. I took it to Staples and handed it over so they could print my file. The guy had a big print job going, told me it would take about 20 minutes to clear the queue, so I left and browsed a couple neighboring shops. When I came back half an hour later, the print guy had gone on break. The girl who took his place found my print job, but couldn't find my flash drive. She called the manager, they were both searching all over the print center, and they couldn't find the thing. I started to panic-- it had only been half an hour, how could they have freaking lost it in half an hour? They kept showing me drives they found-- no, not that, that's not it, no, I told you, it was black and red-- and then I started to cry. "I've got to have it back, it's irreplaceable, it's my husband's and he DIED-- " Major gasp from another customer who was waiting for help. I broke down utterly at that point, I was just a helpless sobbing mess.

Finally, the print guy came back from lunch or wherever, looked around, and found my flash drive. They all apologised profusely-- I know they just wanted me to get the hell out of there. They didn't even charge me for my prints. I was mortified, but at the same time-- well, don't mess with a wid!