Introducing the new Relationships/Remarriage board

Jess

There has been demand for a place for those in committed relationships to be able to discuss the highs and lows of this circumstance. We would like this forum to evolve to meet the needs of its members, so we are going to try out having this space available as we agree that the idea has merit. In the event it does not make sense to keep it separated, we would simply merge this board back into the Social Encounters board so no one's posts are lost.

If you have an existing thread in Social Encounters that you think is better suited for this new space, please either reply to this post or send me a PM to request that it be moved.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Being in a seriously committed, dating relationship, in which we are having discussions about a future together, I have often wanted to make a post or ask questions of others, who are also in relationships. Often times, though, I did not want to start a new thread, for fear of feeling like the topic I wanted to start might not exactly fit in the social situations section.

Guest TooSoon

I started Long Distance Relationships.  That thread might be a better fit here; I was reluctant to post it in Social Encounters in the first place.

THANKS you guys!  You're the best!

I started Long Distance Relationships.  That thread might be a better fit here; I was reluctant to post it in Social Encounters in the first place.

THANKS you guys!  You're the best!

Moved. Thank you. :)

Guest tableforone

Thank you Jezzy! When I was newly widowed I couldn't stand reading about people in long term relationships or heave forbid actually remarried. It made me so upset.

glad you added this section. I often held off on some of my posts - I sometimes got feedback from people who were just not as far along as I was.  Due to that feedback, I modified my posts.  I feel like this will be a better place for some of my questions.

Hi everyone. We are keeping this board active as it seems clear that these discussions need a place separate from Social Encounters. Thank you all and I hope this space continues to be helpful for our community. :)