"How to deal when your widowed parent starts dating" article

Guest mawidow

I am grateful that my children are so supportive in this department. DD is very encouraging. Early on she was making unsolicited (but appreciated) suggestions on updating some of my wardrobe. She was smiling as she looked over my shoulder as I built my online profile. She thought that it was a great father-daughter activity, I agree!

DS is also very encouraging. He has expressed repeatedly that he hopes I will have a long-term significant woman in my life again. He thinks that it would offer me the highest level of happiness. He is glad when he hears that I am dating.

Even DW's niece pointed out a woman to me and offered an introduction, if I was interested. This was fairly early on. I'm blown away by how supportive so many people are when it comes to my dating and relationships.

Guest Mel4072

So glad to read this!!! The whole dating thing has been tough! I protect my daughter. Suddenly, she likes my boyfriend. My head did a 360. There really isn't a road map! I feel so much for this man and I feel so comfortable in his arms and in his company, it scares me. It must scare her too. It is awful to be led by fear. I'm constantly working on that....

Thanks for posting this!!! My DD is 16., not 27 but I've watched her grow and change.